- This community is for posting questions about the Smooth Sailing layout. If you want to ask questions about custom layouts or other layouts, go to s2styles and ask for help there. In that communitiy's profile you will find a list of other layout-specific communities.
- A list of tutorial, commonly asked questions, and other useful resources is available in the Tutorial Index. Please visit this page first to see if your question has previously been asked and answered, of it there is a tutorial to meet your needs. If not, or you have difficulty finding what you want, then you can post to the community.
- If you are posting any images larger than 320x240, or more than 20 lines of text, please place it behind a LJ-CUT. If you don't know what that is, read the LJ-CUT FAQ. Don't break people's friends pages with lots of images or text, so be nice and lj-cut it.
- Disrespectful remarks about others are not acceptable and will be dealt with. While this is an open and unmoderated community, I do reserve the right to delete inappropriate entries/comments and possibly ban users from ever posting/commenting again.
- When making a post to the community, use a descriptive subject and entry tags so that people searching for similar posts at a later date can find your post easily.
- If someone gives you lots of help and/or answers your question to your satisfaction, be nice and say thank you. It's polite :)
- If you want to post snippets of code and have them appear properly, whether in an entry or as a comment, format the code properly so that we can read it. I wrote the HTML-for-LiveJournal Modification Tool for posting code to comments or entries. Please use it.
- If you have a question about a tutorial, you can comment to the tutorial. If you have a question on how to do something new, I recommend posting directly to the community as a new entry because you'd have a better chance of everyone seeing it and somebody helping you with it.
- The Customization section and the S2 section of the FAQ contain a lot of useful information, so read them.
- s2styles and s2howto contain lots of code snippets that can be used in a variety of layouts. You may also find something interesting by looking at those communities.